Before you can started using this add-on on your website, there are a few steps you must complete:
1. Install concrete5 on your server
If you've not done so already, go ahead and grab the latest copy of concrete5 and get it installed on your webserver (local or remote). Full instructions on how best to do this can be found on https://www.concrete5.org/.
2. Install the Add-on
This add-on can be installed in one of 2 ways:
- Connect your site to the marketplace
Check out this guide on how to connect your site to the marketplace - http://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/how_to_instal...
Once your concrete5 install is ready to rock, simply unzip the add-on and place it in the root packages directory within your install. Next, log in to your website and then click on Extend concrete5 from under the Dashboard menu. You will now see the package awaiting install; click Install. After several seconds a message should appear telling you the package has been successfully installed.
Once the package is installed, visit the new Dashboard Page System & Settings \ Environment \ Cookies Disclosure to configure. Cookies Disclosure is not activated by default on installation, you can activate on this page.
Cookies Disclosure has two modes. Explicit consent and Implied Consent, the latter being an accepted consent more in the United Kingdom. The difference is that Explicit consent requires a checkbox to be ticked .Implied consent simply allows your visitor to dismiss teh popup.
Cookies Disclosure has many options for customization:-
- Display Duration - How long should disclosure remain visible for on each page load
- Display Limit - Maximum times to show the disclosure. 0 is forever
- Display position in viewport - Should the disclosure appear at the top or bottom of viewport
- Message - Disclosure message to make to your visitors. Use the default or edit to your preference
- Background color - Choose a background color for the cookies disclosure message bar
- Font color - Choose a font color of the text of the cookies disclosure message bar
- Opacity - Choose an opacity for the cookies disclosure message bar, lower for more transparency
- Font style - Choose the font style for the message text which best suits your site
- Font size - Choose a font size for the text in the disclosure message bar
- Button background color - Choose a background color for buttons in the cookies disclosure message bar
- Button font color - Choose a font color for buttons in the cookies disclosure message bar
If you use tracking codes such as Google Analytics on your website, remove them from the tracking codes dashboard page and instead paste them into the Tracking Codes section of Cookies Disclosure. Where Explicit consent mode is used cookie setting tracking codes will not be injected into the page until consent has been obtained.
Submit a support ticket